Home improvements

If you’re a resident of Two Castles Housing Association, you can make alterations to your home, but you must write to your local housing office for permission (this does not include internal decorating). Please click here for the details of your local office.

Alterations must not be carried out until you have received written permission. Examples of alterations which permission is needed for are, but are not restricted to:

  • Installation or renewal of central heating
  • Installation or renewal of windows
  • Removing walls or partitions (or part of)
  • Installation or renewal of verandas, porches, conservatories, etc
  • Installation of driveways
  • Installation or renewal of kitchen units and worktops, etc
  • Installation of bathroom suites or showers
  • Painting of external doors, windows and walls
  • Installation of gates and/or fencing
  • Removal or pruning of trees
  • Installation of cable/satellite dishes

Residents who make home improvement requests will not be refused without good reason, but they must not start any work until written permission is supplied. Residents must also comply with any conditions which the council has imposed in reply to your request.

Always remember, competent and qualified people should carry out any alterations and certificates will have to be produced if any electrical or gas work is carried out.

Residents may also, if appropriate, need to get planning and/or building regulations approval before starting work.