Home contents insurance

Two Castles Housing Association does not automatically insure residents’ possessions against such things as fire, theft, vandalism and water damage.

We only provide insurance cover on buildings and fixtures and fittings, which does not include the actual contents. Therefore, we’d recommend that our residents – both tenants and leaseholders – take out a household contents insurance policy when they move into one of our homes.

There are organisations which can help with cost effective home contents insurance. The Northern Housing Consortium, and Two Castles as a member of that consortium, endorse a policy marketed by Marsh Insurance Called `Simple`. It is not necessary, however, to take out this particular policy. The important thing is to obtain contents insurance from some provider of your choice.

For more advice on home contents insurance, please click here to contact your local housing office.